Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Just some background about how I got here.

I met a guy (Dave) on April 29, 2006, I started bartending Aug 2006 just after my 22nd birthday. We worked together, and let me tell you, bartending and dating....DO NOT go together. I spent 3 years with Dave. I thought I loved him, we went throught a lot, and at the end of the relationship...I thought it was all a waste of my time. But looking back on it now, I learned so much durring that time. Lessons I can use to move foward in my life. Some mistakes I will NEVER make again. That relationship taught me so much about myself and who I want to be.
   Bartending, I met all kinds of people and  had so many "friends". April 6, 2010, A guy who had been coming in for quite a while who had never really "caught" my eye before, came in and It was a slow night for the bar and we sat and talked and hung out all night. He had come in a few nights prior and asked me to go to baseball games but I was still with Dave and told him I wouldnt be able to go. That night, the 6th, was different,
    I wasnt with Dave. Me and Jim hung out that night, went home together, and hung out all day the next day. He made me laugh, I enjoyed being around him. A feeling I didnt get with Dave. It was the best feeling in the world. I wanted to be with him as much as he wanted to be with me.
   He was still married, but not living together. They had a son Austin, who is now 6.  They had another son born December 2009, and passed away from SIDS March 2010. Jim is the strongest person I have ever met. To have gone through this, and to be the happy person he is today is amazing.
   I am truely blessed to have Jim. We have been together since the first night we actually hung out. I went to work, can couldnt wait to get off to see him. We spend all our free time together, and on May 1, 2010, found out I was pregnant with our 1st child.
   Yup, only a month of dating, and we were expecting our first child. Jims divorce was final soon after we found out. JIM SAVED MY LIFE, and getting pregnant was the best thing that could have happened to me. Although, at the time I was lost, and not at all ready for a child. I worked at a bar for 3 yrs at this point (and dating a guy working at a bar) I was not living the best of lives. I had made some not so smart choices in the past and bringing a child into this was not at all what I wanted. 
  But everything happens for a reason, and we were blessed with our first son Kaden Nikolas Haskins 12-19-10. 6lbs 3oz 18inchs.

 I couldnt imagine life with out my family. Now, I work for a trucking company and work 7am-4pm. No more night life, and no more bartending. LIFE IS GREAT!

2 comments:

  1. What a great story :) So glad you and Jim found one another. You definitely have an adorable baby boy. My son was born 2 days earlier.

    Fellow December 2010 BBC mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that everything does happen for a reason. Glad you got to take some lessons from your previous relationship.

    ReplyDelete